Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

I am so thankful for the resurrection eggs we have. What a simple and effective way to teach our children about the true meaning of Easter! I also got THIS book this year and we read it along with an egg (or 2 or 3 if we forgot or skipped a day). I saw all kinds of activities on Pinterest and sort of felt guilty for not doing more. Until one day Atley brought me her drawing journal and showed me her story called "The Easter Story" and there were 12 pictures of each of the contents of each egg and she explained to me the description. She did this all on her own prompting, which shows me she ACTUALLY learned it, retained it, and it meant something to her. Praise the Lord. Sweet and Simple always wins for me:)! And thank you Lord for working in the hearts of our children at young ages to help them understand the true sacrifice you made for each and every one of us.
Brotherly love, squish...always turns into a wrestle...

Sisters growing up too fast!
For those who are not into coordinating and matching on Easter, I'm sorry.  I've always been slightly into it on this day, regarding my kids anyway.  But this year all I did was think about the girls dresses.  They were super easy to make and gladly less expensive than buying.  We got the boys a new shirt and were done.  On Easter morning I remembered I bought these ties for $1 each at Target, oh yay they are yellow:)  I had another dress I was going to wear but remembered this one in my closet from 2-3 years ago.  Phillip had gotten his shirt to match the boys.  And wallah, it all came together. This was our first year not to have the girls in white Easter dresses, but having made them it was well worth it and fun.

Champ

Atley

Mimi and Papa

Canon

Love when big brother is a helper

Cheese!

Av

Love how happy they are

My twin twinkie

My firstborn boy

I LOVE watching this boy run

Thanks Mimi and Papa for the wonderful celebration at your house, and all the organic candy:) You are a blessing:)!
Counting his eggs
He is Risen!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE MATCHING OUTFITS!!!! Shelly u r so talented! Im way impressed with the girls adorable dresses! Can I order one for Briley??:)! I pray we all get to celebrate future Easters together:)!!!! Love & miss u all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything julie said... the dresses - adorable!!! Easters together - someday!! Shelly, great job! love you all!!

    ReplyDelete